Half Day Tour: Destrehan Plantation & Airboat Swamp
Half Day Tour: Destrehan Plantation & Airboat Swamp: $150 per person
9:00 AM to 2:30 PM or 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM
This tour runs when we reach a minimum of 4 people. Lunch is not included.
Enjoy a pilgrimage back in time to the Antebellum South! Our 13 passenger tour van and excellent driver-guide pick you up for a narrated scenic drive out of New Orleans and along the shores of Lake Ponchartrain. Soon, you’ll arrive at the 1789 Destrehan plantation, located on the East bank of the Old River Road.
During your tour of Destrehan Plantation, professional guides will bring to life the stories of generations who lived on and worked this land. Your guides will share every detail of this mansion’s storied history with you. You’ll also hear tales of the lives of both its owners and slaves. They will also tell you about its wonderful architecture. Free time to walk around under a spectacular canopy of live oaks around the mansion and the slave quarters.
High-speed Airboat Cajun Swamp Tour
Next, we’ll drive south to a Cajun village in the Louisiana swamp. It’s time for a fast and fun ride on a small (6 to 13 passenger) Airboat! You will glide comfortably over marshes, deep into secluded bayous. Your professional Airboat Captain will tell you about the swamp’s fascinating fauna and flora. Hold on as you alternate between high-speed bursts and gentle cruising! There will be numerous stops with fantastic photo opportunities. You may even get to spot a bald eagle, see baby alligators, feed giant catfish, or meet a nutria face to face!
- In case of inclement weather, the Airboat tour may be shortened, postponed, or replaced with a Cajun Bayou, Covered Pontoon Boat Tour.
- Children under the age of 5, pregnant women, people with recent surgery, and people with back or neck issues are not allowed on airboats for insurance reasons.
- We provide ear protection.
- For eye protection, please wear any type of glasses.
- The order of your tour activities may change depending on availability and weather conditions.