If you are visiting New Orleans over the next two weeks and planning to attend Jazz Fest at least one of the days, these tips are for you:
1. Skip breakfast and try as much of the food as you can! You can sample dishes from many local restaurants. (Some people go just for the food!)
2. Wear walking shoes! (Or rain boots, depending on the weather). The fest goes on rain or shine!
3. Getting a cab may take longer than expected. Consider other methods of transportation like renting a bicycle, riding the bus, or taking the streetcar.
4. Definitely check out at least one show at one of the smaller stages. It’s a great way to discover local talent.
5. If you’re going to see a big act, make sure to get a good spot EARLY, it will get very crowded.