If you plan to spend time in New Orleans around the holidays, here are a few activities we recommend adding to your itinerary:
– Ride the St. Charles streetcar in the evening to view the magnificent lights and decor of the mansions on the Avenue.
– Visit City Park’s Celebration in the Oaks, a brilliant display of holiday lights in a beautiful natural setting.
– Get a drink at the Roosevelt hotel’s Sazerac bar (or don’t, but at least walk through the lobby!). The Roosevelt hotel has a beautiful lobby, which looks even better lined with decorated Christmas trees!
– Participate in one of New Orleans’ oldest holiday traditions and enjoy a Reveillon dinner. See this year’s top participating resaurants here.
– Watch the Bayou Classic Thanksgiving Day Parade, November 24th at 3:30PM which starts at the Superdome and ends at the French Market.
– Watch the Krewe of Jingle parade on Saturday, December 3rd at 1:00PM. Click here for route.