Follow Us Off The Beaten Path
- Small group van and excellent Historian-Guide will pick you up.
- Avoid large tourist crowds and bus tours!
- Scenic crossing of the Mississippi River on a high suspension bridge
- At St Joseph Plantation: visit a Creole-style, family-owned, working sugar cane plantation, in operation since 1877
- Guided tour of an ancestral home with original slave cabins
- Explore the location where "12 Years a Slave" was filmed
- Discover Laura, an 1804 Creole Plantation and learn about Laura's personal family saga
- See how the West-African enslaved's work influenced all segments of the Creole culture, best seen today in cuisine, music, family-centered traditions, architecture and life-style.
- At Laura's Slavery Museum Exhibit, hear personal stories of individual men, women and children who lived there, illustrating how the lives of the enslaved, both Créole and American, were intertwined with those of their owners.
Q: Where do you pick up?
A: We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank. We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore. On some plantation tours we can pre-arrange a pick up at the La Quinta Hotel at 5900 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie, LA
Q: Where do you drop off?
A: Same places we pick up.
Q: At what time and place will you pick us up?
A: We will contact you and provide your exact pickup time the day before your tour – most pickup times are 15-30 minutes prior to the tour start time.