September is a great month to visit New Orleans! The city is abuzz with kids back in school, football season starting, and the summer heat and humidity finally start to dissipate. Hotel prices are low as we are technically still in hurricane season, but there is so much to do this month! Here are a few highlights to look forward to:
– This weekend we will welcome the New Orleans Saints back to the Superdome for their first home football game of the 2016 football season. Saints home games are always something to celebrate, but the first one is a little extra special!
– We live to eat may be our motto all year long, but for the week of September 12-18 you can get special prix-fixe menu options at NOLA’s top dining establishments in recognition of We Live to Eat Restaurant Week. http://www.coolinaryneworleans.com/restaurant-week/
– New Orleans Burlesque Festival (Sept. 15-18). We take Burlesque quite seriously in the Big Easy! http://neworleansburlesquefest.com/
– NOLA on Tap (Sept. 24th). Only 7 years old, this beer celebration is recognized as the largest beer fest in the country! It will take place in City Park on Saturday, September 24th. Dogs are welcome! http://nolaontap.org/
– First Annual Fried Chicken Festival (Sept. 25th). This should become a favorite among locals. It’s surprising no one started this festival sooner! http://friedchickenfestival.com/