Follow Us Off The Beaten Path
- Small group van and excellent Historian-Guide will pick you up.
- Avoid large tourist crowds and bus tours!
- Scenic crossing of the Mississippi River on a high suspension bridge
- At St Joseph Plantation: visit a Creole-style, family-owned, working sugar cane plantation, in operation since 1877
- Guided tour of an ancestral home with original slave cabins
- Explore the location where "12 Years a Slave" was filmed
- At Whitney Plantation, hear raw historical facts and witness the harsh realities of a dark side of American history
- On your walking tour, your guide shows you through slave cabins, a freedmen’s church, detached kitchen and a 1790s owner’s house
- Witness narratives and see memorials built to honor the enslaved
- Great photo and video opportunities!
To Book Your Private Plantation Tour, Call Us At (504) 398-0365
Q: Where do you pick up?
A: We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank. We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore. On some plantation tours we can pre-arrange a pick up at the La Quinta Hotel at 5900 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie, LA
Q: Where do you drop off?
A: Same places we pick up.
Q: At what time and place will you pick us up?
A: We will contact you and provide your exact pickup time the day before your tour – most pickup times are 15-30 minutes prior to the tour start time.